Hi there! I hope everything is going well on your side. I am happy to meet you here again today. My week is going very well so far. You know why?
Well because I achieve the goal I set for the middle of May, my daughter will turn 5years next week, and with my mom, we are planning our next vacation. Enough talking about me.
Do you ever feel a special high when absolutely everything in your life seems to be going your way? This sense of ultimate contentment is what many refer to as the happy zone.
Unfortunately, many of us may find ourselves drifting away from our happy zones no matter how much we wish to stay in them.
Happiness tends to be fleeting and requires sufficient input from your side to hold on to it. In other words, being a happy person requires some work.
The good news is, it isn’t as hard as it sounds, and all it takes is paying attention to a few aspects of your daily life. So let’s take a detailed look at how you can always stay in your happy zone without putting in a whole lot of effort.
Top Tips For Staying In The Happy Zone:
Trying to look at the world or our unfavorable situations with a positive mindset is easier said than done; after all, many of us get hit with occasional bouts of pessimism, low self-esteem. On the other hand, you will be surprised to know how putting in a little effort can allow you to view things from a newfound positive perspective. Maintaining an undeterred positive perspective on life is one challenge that requires unwavering attention.
So let us let look at a few tips that can help you achieve your happy zone:
1- Be Thankful:
No one can ever truly live in the happy zone until they have mastered the art of being thankful for every blessing in their life. When you find yourself in the unending struggle of wanting more and more material things, you end up with a black hole that can never be too full. How can someone who is ‘empty’ ever make it to the happy zone and stay there?
So what do you do? To have a permanent spot in happy-ville, you need to practice gratitude right, left, and center. Too often, we get so caught up in our lives that we forget to be truly thankful for our blessings. However, practicing gratitude should not only be reserved for material things; it should also be aimed at intangible things like the beauty and love of your family and friends. Once you start being grateful from the core, nothing will dampen your spirits.
2- Zen Garden Equals Happiness:
Do you have a friend or a family member who raves about the many incredible benefits of a zen garden? Boy, are they right? Gardening and specifically caring for your zen garden have several mental and psychological benefits. The simple act of raking the sand in a small zen garden acts as a stress buster and promotes feelings of contentment and gratitude. Larger gardens require more tending, like pulling out weeds; this can work as a meditative action.
The entire process of tending to your zen garden may also make you develop a proper meditation routine. By merely taking a look at your garden can spark inner feelings to meditate, which will ultimately keep your feelings grounded and help you to achieve inner peace and happiness. Don’t we all love lively flowers and greenery?
3- Live In The Present:
Have you ever given thought to what really kicks you out of your happy zone? Let me tell you, ‘overthinking.’ So many instances of feeling sad or unhappy can be attributed to needlessly worrying about future events and instances. Whether it’s about your dreams going down the drain or not being to tick all the boxes on your to-do list, thinking too much about what may go wrong in the future can put anyone in a bad mood.
This is why it is crucial to let go of your ‘negative self’ and start savoring every minute of your ‘present.’ Simply shift your focus from everything that could go wrong to everything that is going right in your present life. This major shift will work wonders in securing you a permanent spot in the happy zone.
4- Let The Sun In:
Don’t ever underestimate the positive healing role that sunlight plays on your mental well-being. This is why it is crucial that you let ample amounts of sunlight into your house or workplace. If you don’t have big windows or if your house isn’t as sunny as you want it to be, why not head out for a stroll or a jog? Sit in the park and relax as the soothing rays of the sun caress your face and body.
So how does being in the sun make you happy?
It’s fairly simple, being exposed to sunlight causes the brain to release a hormone called serotonin. This hormone is responsible for inducing feelings of happiness and calm. A person overdosing on serotonin is bound to enjoy his time in the happy zone. So, if you love sitting in a dark room with very little natural light, it’s time you got up and pulled those curtains back.
5- Go Green:
Have you ever come across someone who loves living in the arms of nature to be depressed or grumpy? Of Course not!
All of us can come to the consensus that bringing nature into our lives makes us happier and what better form of nature than plants? Not only are they beautiful, if you look close enough, you will also see that they have a larger part to play than only being used for aesthetic purposes.
If you truly want to enjoy the high of living in a happy zone, place plants inside your house and your garden. However, remember
- Each plant has its own benefits on the human body, so choose those that will serve you best.
- Not only will they purify the air, but they will also stimulate feelings of positivity and calm.
- Moreover, plants effectively absorb background noise, which is a major factor that dims our focus.
Like they say, once you go green, nothing can kick you out of your happy place.
6- Choose Your Colors Wisely:
Many of us don’t really put much thought into the color scheme we are introducing in our homes, or do we? The first thing that any of us notice when we enter a room is its color; however, there is a larger picture at play. Psychologists are of the strong view that our minds respond differently to each color, to the extent that they can influence our mood.
Let’s look at how different colors evoke varying emotions in our mind and body:
- Yellow is associated with feelings of optimism, creativity, and happiness.
- Red enhances rage and passion.
- Green has a strong link with nature and makes us feel invigorated, calm and fresh.
- Blue color evokes a sense of calm, making it a great choice of color for bathrooms and bedrooms.
Next time you are renovating, pay special attention to the wall colors, and you will start noticing the positive effects on your mood right away.
Last but not least, mediate. Let the healing power of meditation unravel its glory in your mind, body, and soul. Meditating every day, especially early in the morning, has profound benefits that one can only fathom once they pursue this journey. It will make you happier in the following ways:
- Say goodbye to your insomnia. Meditating will help you get rid of all those thoughts that keep you up at night. A person who sleeps well seldom gets sad.
- There is no better anxiety buster than meditation. Studies prove that meditating regularly helps in rewiring your brain and weakening the neural pathways that cause feelings of worry and anxiousness. Zero anxiety equals maximum happiness.
- Meditation has also been associated with improving one’s concentration, focus, and awareness. This age-old practice helps to strengthen those areas of the brain that are responsible for attention and maintaining focus.
- It gives you ‘feel oh so good’ chemicals like serotonin and endorphins a much-needed boost. This cultivates feelings of happiness and contentment.
- All the benefits mentioned above are proof that meditation not only benefits a person’s mental and physical health but also allows him to enjoy a spot in their happy zone.
Good Morning Quotes to Start The Day Happy
Do you know that your day is determined by how you wake in the morning?
“What you put out is what you get back.”
It is very important that you spend a few minutes every morning to make up your mind, fill your heart with positive intentions so that you start your day feeling good, grateful, and blessed.
Are you from those you want to spread joy, love, and good energy wherever they go?
Need some encouraging words and uplifting sayings to have a beautiful day?
Here are 20 positive inspirational and motivational morning quotes.
- Blessings of grace and peace be with you today and every day. Good Morning.
- Today is a happy day.
- “Smile at strangers, slow down, say thank you, laugh, and give compliments today.”
- Do not wake up with the regret of what you could not accomplish yesterday. Wake up while thinking about what will be able to achieve today. Good Morning
- “Shine like the whole universe is yours ” Rumi
- Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful. Thich Nhat Hanh
- Having a rough morning? Feel your heart. That’s your purpose of being alive.”
- You are a rare gem, an exclusive, a limited edition. There is only one of you! Have an amazing day.
- “There are two ways of waking up in the morning. One is to say, ‘Good morning, God,’ and the other is to say, ‘Good God, morning’!” Fulton J. Sheen
- “I opened two gifts this morning. They were my eyes.”
- “Some days you just have to create your own sunshine.”
- Rise up, start fresh see the bright opportunity in each day.”
- “Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.”
- “Don’t look back, you’re not going that way.
- Each good morning, we are born again, what we do today is what matters most” BUDDAH.
- “Thank God for another day. Don’t waste it!”
- “Wake up with determination, go to bed with satisfaction.”
- “Stop thinking of what could go wrong and start thinking of what could go right.”
- “This morning will never ever come back in your life again. Get up and make the most of it.” Lisa Lieberman-Wang
- Be you. Do you. For you. – Unknown
Let’s face it; all of us tend to derail from our happy train at some point in our lives. Whether it’s constantly worrying about the future or not being able to do something from our to-do list, we tend to lose focus on our present happiness. The good news is, with a little effort and hard work, you can ensure a lifetime spot in your happy zone and not let anything dim your shine.
Just remember to incorporate the tips mentioned above and get ready to hop on the happy train. It is not hard to be happy, just requires your little attention and practice to feel joy at the smallest things in life. So, pay attention to all that is good in your life and you will never be out of your happy zone.
Please share with me in the comments, what is your secret to staying in the happy zone all the time.